Where?HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Starting a project in a new context, country or region? Where – gives you access to MFO’s select publications showcasing region specific approaches to research, financial capability development or results analysis.Not finding what you are looking for? Click here.
South East Asia
In South East Asia, MFO’s work has primarily focused on developing unique financial education programs to target specific issues in addition to working on programs that determine how important micro-insurance is to low-income households.
- Assessing Opportunities for Agricultural Insurance Dong Thap, Thai Binh, and Vinh Phuc Provinces, Vietnam
- Assessment of Demand for Microinsurance, Thanh Tri District, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Microinsurance: Demand and Market Prospects - Laos People's Democratic Republic
- Microinsurance: Demand and Market Prospects - Indonesia
- Budget Smart - Financial Education for Migrant Workers and Their Families: Training Manual
MFO has done past work in the Pacific region working on financial education programs that target the migrant worker population. In addition, MFO conducted a financial diaries study in Papua New Guinea.
Latin America & The Caribbean (LAC)
In Latin America and the Caribbean, MFO has plenty of experience developing unique financial education tools that promote an individual’s financial capability. We use our programs in Latin America to further measure the effects financial education can have on consumer behavior.
- Viñeta- Asuntos de Reales (Clip of Radio Show)
- Metas (Radio Telenovela)
- Weaving Micro and Small Enterprise into Value Chains: The Case of Guatemalan Textile Handicrafts
- Financial Education: A Bridge between Branchless Banking and Low-Income Clients
- Managing Client Information: Feedback Loop Lessons from Latin America
As part of the Global Financial Education program, MFO worked on developing a general curriculum that can be applied to a wide range of different financial education programs. Additionally, our experts promote the general importance of financial education and financial capability development through many of their activities.